Saturday, October 2, 2010

Anniversary Present?

So I started using the website FertilityFriend.com this month to chart my cycle and get a better idea of when conception is likely to happen. I'm loving all the little tools and features that help predict stuff like when you should take a pregnancy test. From my own calculations, I had figured that I would test on Sunday the 10th if no AF yet; however, this site is suggesting we wait until the 14th to test. And it just so happens that the 14th is Dave and my 6-year wedding anniversary, with 10 total years together. So I'm gonna side with Fertility Friend on this one- no testing until the 14th. Maybe. If I can be that patient, LOL.

But seriously, it does make sense to wait a little longer so I don't test too early. I tested early with my first pregnancy, absolutely sure I was pregnant (which it turned out I indeed was), but it came back as a BFN and I was devastated. So waiting that extra few days to know I'm getting an accurate result makes the most sense. It'll also help to prevent a false BFP if I have a chemical pregnancy. But I'm feeling quite optomistic this month, so it'll be a loooong 12 more days until we test! Oh, and this may be a bit dorky, but another good reason to wait until the 14th is that it is a Thursday. There are 2 things that I know for sure, in my life, about Thursdays: #1 Severe weather happens most frequently on Thursdays for me (I'm serious!!! LOL) and #2 Significant life events in my life happen on Thursdays: I was born on a Thursday, got married on a Thursday (who gets married on a Thursday? LOL), and had Angel on a Thursday. So OF COURSE we'll find out we're pregnant on a Thursday, right? Right?!! The stars are all aligning this month, right?!! Don't worry, I'm not stressing out TOO much....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment