Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Meeting an Imaginary Deadline

So it’s now 4 DPO and I’ve been reflecting on how true it is that this is all a journey. On a previous post, I mentioned how I was conflicted about whether or not I would want to try next month if we don’t conceive this month- because I was thinking that the timeline next cycle would be so close to our pregnancy with Angel 4 years ago that it just seemed like it would be too painful. However, as it turns out, this current cycle is actually the one that most closely parallels our pregnancy with Angel; in fact, we’re only off by 2 weeks. And I find myself actually hoping we are pregnant right now because it makes me feel more connected to Angel. In fact, the day we will test this cycle if no AF yet (Oct 10th) is the day we conceived Angel 4 years ago. Seems like it would be very fitting, like we’ve come full circle or something, to find ourselves expecting again on that date. And of course, now if we don’t get PG this month, I won’t need to stress about whether or not to try again next month- it’s all good!

So I think it is pretty normal when TTC to have a date in mind that you’d like to be PG by (at least for us women!). This is gonna sound a bit dorky and unrealistic, but for me, it’s this second cycle. It’s not so much that I hope to get pregnant in JUST 2 cycles, but more so that I want to be out of the first trimester by Christmas. For Christmas this year, my family will be coming down to spend some time with us. Because we want to wait until after a later ultrasound to share our (future) pregnancy news, this current cycle is the last one that we could do that by Christmas. And I really want to tell as many people as possible in person, which can be a challenge when we live 600 miles away from everyone! Having my family down here visiting would be the perfect opportunity to share. So if we don’t get PG this month AND we decide to stick with the “wait until after the ultrasound” mentality, the next time I’ll be able to tell anyone in person will be around March 14th, when I’ll be spending a week or so up North visiting everyone. That could be very interesting since I could be as far along as 22 weeks by that point. And that would make things more difficult because Dave isn’t supposed to be joining me on that trip up, but we’d want to tell everyone together. But, as usual, I am getting WAY ahead of myself, LOL. I just need to remember that whenever and however it happens, it’ll all work out. And if we need to take a random long weekend to surprise everyone, that’s how we’ll do it!
Blessing y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment