Thursday, October 14, 2010

Celebrating Our 10-Year Anniversary :)

As Dave and I celebrate the last 10 years of love and friendship, I am overwhelmed with how in love with that man I am. We’ve been married for 6 years today, having gotten married on the 4-year anniversary of the day we started dating, and it has been an incredible journey already. Throughout our relationship, we’ve experienced some wonderful life events, including: graduations from technical school (Dave) and college (me), becoming “parents” by adopting 2 wonderful dogs, moving cross-country on our own, buying 2 homes, going through a couple of motorcycles and numerous cars, and welcoming loved ones into our family as our siblings and friends got married and had children. But it’s been those difficult life events that have truly defined our unbreakable love: losing my beloved grandfather, having the dream of owning and operating our own restaurant fall apart, living 600 miles away from everyone we know (forcing us to rely almost solely on each other), facing major financial crisis after the recession, and hardest of all, losing our baby Angel who was so deeply wanted. Any one of these devastating events would have been enough to test even the strongest marriage. But with each new obstacle, Dave and I found that the more our relationship was tested, the stronger our belief grew that we can conquer ANYthing God sends our way. I cannot imagine going through the journey of the last 10 years without Dave. He is my rock, my partner, my friend, and the father of our beloved Angel and our precious Punkin baby. I cannot express in words how blessed and grateful I feel that God brought Dave into my life. So, today, on our anniversary, as we prepare for this most exciting next chapter of our life together, I am finding myself more in love than ever before. Thank you, Mister, for letting me be an emotional wreck on a semi-regular basis, for all of the times you do the dishes without asking, for taking the dogs out at night when I’m too tired, for recognizing my need to babble about absolutely nothing interesting at the end of the day (just needing some adult interaction after hanging out with only kids all day), for loving me in spite of (and sometimes because of? J ) my faults, for reminding me of all of my good qualities, for being my partner every step of the way, for making me feel loved and treasured, for appreciating me, and for making me a Momma. I love you, Dave, and I always will. Forever and Ever, Amen J .

No comments:

Post a Comment