Friday, September 3, 2010

TTC

Dave and I have gone back and forth over the past year or so about when the "right time" will be to try again for a family. Finances had dictated that this summer would be the absolute earliest we could begin trying, though our plan was to wait one more year to build a nest egg. Well...I've pretty much had "baby fever" for the past 5 years (and have wanted to be a mom since I was like 6 years old), so the thought of waiting even 1 more year was just torture! Lol...thankfully, my wonderful man agreed that we are ready to welcome a little one, so we have officially been TTC for a month :).

With our pregnancy with Angel, we got pregnant right away. So of course, Dave is convinced that we are super fertile and will again conceive immediately. I was not so sure...until the past few days when I've been experiencing some familiar symptoms. I'm starting to think I am already pregnant, and am doing my best to stay calm! The idea of being pregnant after just one try again gives me such a rush of different emotions: excitement that I could be just 9 months away from fulfilling my lifelong dream, terrified of what pregnancy has meant for me in the past and fearful that it will happen again, worried (superstious) about this pregnancy playing out exactly the same (pregnant immediately or "easily" but leading to a devastating outcome), and a bit guilty because we have not even told our family that we are trying again. In fact, we have gone out of our way to let people think that we are waiting a WHILE because we don't want to stress them out as well. I just feel like it will be so much better to be able to announce that when we are 20 Weeks along and completely healthy- instead of telling so early like we did last time, then have everyone as nervous as us until we pass that 20-week mark. Sigh...of course, keeping this a secret from them will be SO hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment