Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hello Third Trimester!

We are officially 28 Weeks along now as of this morning! I really can’t believe how fast the last 10 weeks in particular have gone. I also can’t believe that our baby girl will be here in less than 3 months! Making it this far is huge for me on so many levels. With each passing day, I am becoming less fearful of the things that could go wrong and more excited in anticipation of Sweet Pea’s arrival. This particular week is significant to me for another reason. About 6 ½ years ago, my nephew was actually born at just 28 Weeks. He was just 2 pounds at birth and spent the first 2 months of his life in the NICU. Today, he is perfectly healthy and one of the sweetest, funniest little guys you’ll ever meet. I love him to death, and I find myself reflecting today on just what a miracle he is. He's actually coming down with my brother and SIL in a couple of weeks for a visit, and I am just super excited to see them.

Our baby girl (who is still without a name!) is definitely getting bigger, as evidenced by both my growing belly and the more pronounced movements coming from my belly. Last night in particular, she was moving like crazy- and I am thrilled that Dave was home and able to feel her with me. That’s definitely the most active she’s ever been at one given time, and it was a huge blessing for Daddy to get to feel his little gymnast J . Thankfully it’s still a pleasant experience to get to feel her, though many have warned me that as she gets bigger (she’s already around 2 ½ pounds and about 15 inches!), those movements might get a bit more uncomfortable. For now, I’m enjoying every little kick…though her aim at my bladder is a little TOO precise at times, lol.

The next few months should be an incredibly exciting time and will hopefully fly by. We have already signed up for childbirth classes, already registered with our hospital and picked a pediatrician, our crib arrived a few days ago and will be set up within a couple of weeks, and I’m down to my last month of work until after maternity leave. We’re even getting our plans set for when little one arrives, coordinating with family and friends on who’s visiting when. Everything is starting to fall into place, which means, um, I think there really might actually be a baby coming soon! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness...is it possible to ever truly be ready for your baby's arrival? Lol, I love her so much already, and I know I "know" what to do in taking care of a little one (it is my profession after all, lol), plus we've been moving towards this point for almost 5 years- BUT, oh Lordy, are we ready?!! Ready or not, she's a comin' soon...J

No comments:

Post a Comment