Monday, March 5, 2012

Random Thoughts...

Let’s see, we are now 33 weeks along…we took the childbirth class last Saturday, the crib is up, the mattress is here, I’m no longer working, baby is moving like crazy and somewhere around 4 ½ pounds and 19 ½ inches according to the books, and most of our “meet the baby” out-of-town visitors have scheduled their visits. (PS Anyone who wants to come visit is more than welcome- give me a call and we'll schedule you in!). Now we play the waiting game! Or the, “stop procrastinating Nicki and start organizing Sweet Pea’s clothes and stuff” game. I have all of Sweet Pea’s stuff in her room still in boxes and bags…some of the clothes are at least separated by size, but nothing is washed. I can’t help feeling like actually getting it all ready will jinx things in some way. But I know that if I don’t take care of all that before she gets here, I’m going to be one stressed Momma when I bring her home. So that’s on this week’s To-Do list!

A pregnancy message board I’m a part of had a recent posting of a family going to see the 3-D ultrasound of their daughter at 32 Weeks, only to discover they were actually having a son…they had been told 3 months ago that they were having a girl after their doctor did their ultrasound. Kinda makes you stop and say “what if…?“ I mean, what are the odds that Sweet Pea really is a boy? Lol, maybe that’s why we can’t come up with a girl name!

At our childbirth class, Dave kept saying that one of the nurses teaching the class looked really familiar- and she recognized him too. At a break, they got to talking and it turns out that not only had he sold her some paint for her daughter’s bedroom recently, they’d had a lengthy discussion about baby girl names and what we should name our little one! (Her verdict: Laney, which is what she named her daughter). She’s one of the Labor & Delivery nurses of course, so it’s definitely possible we’ll see her again when we’re in labor. Small world! Interesting enough, that’s now the third person Dave has recognized from his work at Porter Paints while at our hospital- he even recognized someone in the waiting room at our doctor’s appt once. Apparently, Dave is THE paint guy in the Memphis area J .

Fun story: 2 couples in the same childbirth class as us were friends…due on the same day. Weird as that sounds, it gets crazier. They were on vacation together when they conceived. Even crazier…a third couple joined them on that vacation and also conceived- they are due 2 days after the first 2 couples. How insane is that?! 3 couples all conceiving on the same vacation and due within 2 days of each other.

Cute Zeus story: Throughout my pregnancy, Zeus has acted like he knows I’m pregnant- and that he’s very happy about it and can’t wait to meet his new playmate. He just does these little things like sniffing my belly regularly (to make sure she’s still in there?). So the other day, Dave and I are lying on the couch watching TV when Sweet Pea starts moving a lot. Zeus was across the room, lying down, but looking around. As soon as I (very subtly- by no means some huge gesture) moved Dave’s hand onto my belly to feel baby’s movements, Zeus got up and came right over. First he started licking Dave’s hand on my belly (I think he was trying to get him to move his hand either so he could feel the baby or because he thought he was protecting the baby)- when Dave didn’t move his hand, Zeus sadly laid his head down on my lap and waited for Dave to finish. It was really fascinating. I swear some days it’s like Zeus is watching me like I’m a time bomb about to go into labor at any second. He’s very attentive to where I am and what I’m doing and I SWEAR he is already protective of Sweet Pea. And then there’s Jazzie…poor girl has no idea how much her world is going to change soon…it would be so much easier if she didn’t hate anyone under the age of 12. It doesn’t help that now that I’m off work, her new favorite sleeping spot is my lap. She gets up and follows me wherever I go so she can hop back onto my lap as soon as I sit or lie down again. After another 7 weeks of this, what are the odds that she’s going to be willing to share her “bed” with the baby? Oh, sibling rivalry, it's starts so early!

So all is going well and healthy, and all prayers are very much appreciated. Less than 50 days until we finally get to meet this little one- I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment