Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Very Happy New Year!!!!!

Okay, so I’m WELL overdue for an update on our little Sweet Pea, so here we go!

Saturday, December 10th was a very exciting and pivotal day for us and our growing family. Not only was it my beautiful sister’s 25th birthday, but it also marked us reaching the 22 Week point of our pregnancy. This was very significant for us, as our first pregnancy with Angel lasted exactly 22 weeks. Mentally, passing this milestone was huge, and reality started to hit home that baby really is coming soon! Just to prove how healthy she is, Sweet Pea decided to let Dave feel her presence for the first time this day J . Although I feel her movement inside my belly regularly throughout the day, it’s rare even for me to be able to feel her from the outside of my belly. It was a great moment for Dave to feel her for the first time- I think it made things just a tad more real for him, lol.

We were extremely fortunate this year to have enough time off from work to travel up North for several days and visit with family over the holiday. It was our first Christmas trip back home since we moved away 4 years ago, and it was wonderful to see everyone. As expected, the trip was all about our baby girl and the ever-growing bump in front of me J . I have to say that the best part of the trip was the surprise baby shower thrown for us. It was so incredible to me that so many of our loved ones were able to make it the day before Christmas Eve! The ironic part is that I had had the thought months ago about having a shower while we were up there over Christmas since I don't know if I'll be able to come back again before baby is born, but I figured the holidays are just too hectic to throw an extra party in the mix, and just dismissed the idea. I was so wrong! We had a great turn-out, and I am so grateful for everyone who came and celebrated with us. The party was perfect; I couldn't ask for anything better. Super-secretly planned by my bestie Nanci, my sister Elizabeth, and Nanci’s mom Violet, it was held at Violet's house. It was simply beautiful. The Christmas décor, candles, and flowers created a classy setting, enhanced by pink and green “Sweet Pea” decorations. The food was amazing, with many of my favorites showing up on the menu, including Muddy Buddies and Wildfire restaurant’s Chopped Salad. Head chef for the evening was Violet’s husband Ken, who delighted us all with a great variety that included steak sandwiches and a chocolate chip cookie dessert that was to die for. YUM!!! After food, everyone literally “showered” us with gifts for our little one. I am still overwhelmed, grateful, and just feeling incredibly blessed for everyone’s generosity in helping us prepare for our Sweet Pea’s arrival. It was quite amusing to see how well Dave puzzle-pieced Sweet Pea's gifts into the trunk of our car J. Although not everything made it down in one trip, he did a pretty great job getting most of it in! I can’t say “Thank You” enough to everyone who joined us for the shower, for everyone who gave us gifts for our baby girl, and for all of the hard work, time, and effort put into planning such a memorable evening for us. I love you all SO much! The best part is knowing that Sweet Pea is already loved by so many J .

So today is New Year’s Day, which is super exciting in and of itself! Of course, this year will be extremely exciting and busy for us with our little one preparing to make her arrival. Speaking of “our little one,” “our baby girl,” “our Sweet Pea”…um, we don’t have a name yet, lol. Granted, this is still plenty of time left to make a decision, but, well, we haven’t agreed on ANY names yet. Apparently we have completely different ideas of good names for our daughter! I am totally up for any suggestions, lol. Last night while we celebrated New Year’s Eve with some friends from Dave’s work, it became quite the discussion as to what we should name our baby girl. I would just like to point out that most women that hear the names I like completely agree with me, LOL. But of course, we want a name we both like, so the search continues! Suggestions are great- keep them coming!

As always, thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers throughout our pregnancy that our baby girl will be full-term and healthy with a complication-free pregnancy J . Happy and Healthy New Year’s wishes to all!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment