Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It’s a Girl!!!!!!!

I can’t believe today finally came and that the outcome was so positive. I have been anticipating/dreading/looking forward to this day since the plus sign showed up on the pregnancy test 4 months ago. Today was the day when finally found out if our little one was growing healthy. With our first pregnancy with Angel, it was at this pivotal moment in his pregnancy that we learned he would not survive, so you can imagine how hard it was NOT to have fear of what today’s outcome might be. But it couldn’t have gone better. Baby was moving like crazy, showing off for us all. The ultrasound tech’s words: “You’re gonna be chasing this child all over the place,” LOL. Out little Sweet Pea is weighing in at almost a pound already and is measuring just right for this 20-week mark. And baby decided to cooperate and let us know that she is a she! Dave and I were so convinced she was a boy, we were both pretty shocked- but extremely excited about our growing daughter. I, of course, immediately started crying. It’s no secret how badly I wanted a daughter, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up because a healthy baby was so much more important than gender. But now I know that I am carrying my daughter in my belly…Daughter- how crazy is that?!! I have to say, this has made everything so much more real- she’s healthy, she’s growing, she’s moving- she’s, um going to be here in just a few months! Oh lordy, I need to get ready, lol. First things first, time to shout it to the world! That’s right, sometime in the next day or two, we will actually be Facebook official! LOL. If it were up to Dave, we’d have announced on FB awhile ago, but I just needed today to go well first. And it so did- in the words of our doctor, “Baby is perfect.” Love it. Love her. Love my husband for making me a momma, and I cannot wait to see him holding our baby girl. Lots of love to everyone and thank you so much for your continued thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes! *Hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment