Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Feeling Happy :)

Feeling increasingly GOOD, physically and mentally! Physically, the nausea really only shows up at the very end of the day now, and I just go straight to bed so it nips it in the bud. Plus, I now have a raging appetite which is a nice change from hating all food, lol. Mentally, I have had 2 great things happen that are making me feel positive about this pregnancy. #1 My 18-wk appt yesterday went really well- the nurse found the baby’s heartbeat immediately and it is still strong at 152 bpm. Then the doctor showed me how to feel the top of my uterus just below my belly button- very cool. Even cooler- my sister, who was in town for a long weekend and attended the appt with me, was also able to hear baby’s heartbeat and feel where the baby is in my tummy. Good times! Next appt will be the big ultrasound, so stay tuned in a couple of weeks for an update! And #2 great thing that has happened…I can feel baby moving J . It’s every once in awhile, not even daily, but seriously the coolest thing I’ve ever felt. I can’t help but smile every time it happens- so amazing, such a miracle going on in my body! It’ll be really incredible when baby is big enough that Dave can feel him moving as well.

So a major hurdle (for me) is over with- creating our baby registries. Whew! Thank God I had Elizabeth and Tiffeny there to help me- these girls got me through it when I wanted to go all crazy pregnant woman in the store. Let’s just say that I don’t enjoy shopping in general, and when I have to spend 3 hours in a store making decisions like which pacifier out of 20 options do I think my baby will like best, I basically wanted to pull my hair out. But we survived, and the registries are up at both Target and Babies R Us. Whew!!!!!

I would like to wish everyone a very blessed and happy Thankgiving. I am feeling especially blessed this year, and I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday with people they love J .

No comments:

Post a Comment